CNIM AIR SPACE AT THE FRENCH GENDARMERIE NATIONAL TACTICAL TRAINING CENTER
CNIM Air Space has recently led an experiment with the French Gendarmerie Nationale, at the French Gendarmerie National Tactical Training Center of Saint Astier.
CNIM Air Space deployed a White Hawk tethered aerostat, equipped with an EO/IR optronic gimbal.
For several days, this 24/7 aerial surveillance solution was used during crowd and riot control training sessions. Gendarmerie units used the White Hawk tethered aerostat to watch the most sensitive areas during their interventions. It gave them the ability to anticipate threats and adjust their strategy.
CNIM AIR SPACE
CNIM Air Space (formerly Airstar Aerospace) designs and manufactures tethered aerostats, stratospheric balloons, airships, thermal protections for satellites and leads tailor-made projects for its customers.
Our know-how is based on:
- innovative flexible materials engineering
- high technicality fabrics and films assembly
- mechanical modelling of large deformations
- equipped envelopes and flexible structures design
- development of aerostat equipments: embedded electronics and mechatronics, complex wires, mechanical mooring systems, telemetry reception, inflation station…
- payload integration: optronics, telecommunication, radar…
- providing and training of all operating and maintenance services on balloons.
Relying on half a century of experience, CNIM Air Space (formerly Airstar Aerospace) highly values safety and the respect of the compliance of its systems with aviation regulations.
CNIM AIR SPACE PRODUCTS STRENGTHS
JOIN CNIM AIR SPACE
Join the CNIM Air Space (formerly Airstar Aerospace) team!
To know more about our job opportunities, and to send us your application, please visit CNIM Group career center (CNIM Air Space is a subsidiary of CNIM Group).
AMONG OUR REFERENCES
FRENCH MoD (DGA)
CNES (CENTRE NATIONAL D’ÉTUDES SPATIALES)
CNRS (CENTRE NATIONAL DE LA RECHERCHE SCIENTIFIQUE)
OHB (ORBITALE HOCHTECHNOLOGIE BREMEN)
SSC (SWEDISH SPACE CORPORATION)
ZERO 2 INFINITY
CEA (COMMISSARIAT À L’ÉNERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ÉNERGIES ALTERNATIVES)
AIRSTAR AEROSPACE BECOMES CNIM AIR SPACE
Airstar Aerospace joined CNIM Group in March 2019, as a subsidiary affiliated to the Innovation and Systems sector.
We changed our corporate name, and became CNIM Air Space, to mark a new stage in the history of our company.