CNIM Air Space joins CNIM Group
On 2019/03/22, CNIM Group announced the acquisition of 85% of the share capital of CNIM Air Space (formerly Airstar Aerospace), previously controlled by the Airstar group. Thales Alenia Space remains a minority shareholder of the company, alongside CNIM Group.
Through this acquisition, CNIM aims to become the European leader in aerostats and airships platforms for defence, security, inspection and space applications.
Our business line: CNIM Air Space is a manufacturer of aerostats and flexible structures in all shapes and for all altitudes.
The know-how of CNIM Air Space is unique. It is the fruit of:
- the strategic acquisition of Zodiac Marine’s Space division, in 2015,
- the participation in major R&D projects (Stratobus™, etc.),
- the skills of a highly qualified team.
Together with a solid network of partners, CNIM Air Space offers its customers the realization of their tailor-made projects based on an unparalleled foundation of skills around:
- the engineering of innovative flexible materials
- the assembly of high-tech textiles and films
- the mechanical modeling of large deformations
- the production of envelopes and equipped flexible structures
- the development of aerostat equipments: embedded electronics and mechatronics, complex cabling, mechanical mooring systems, telemetry reception, inflation station…
- the integration of payloads: optronics, telecom, radar…
- the realization and training for balloon operation and maintenance services
With over half a century of expertise, CNIM Air Space gives primary importance to safety and to the compliance of its systems with aeronautical and space regulations.
Our solutions (tested and reliable) are certified with very high safety coefficients and a design allowing simple failures resistance.
CNIM Air Space – stratospheric balloon
CNIM Air Space – tethered aerostat
CNIM Air Space deploys its know-how on two sites:
- a manufacturing, engineering, research and testing unit near Toulouse, at the heart of the aeronautics and space industry in France,
- a base of operations and flight tests in Chambley, North East of France.
These two facilities host R&D, prototyping, production and quality control equipment in order to respond to the most complex demands from aeronautics and space customers: clean room, characterization equipment, numerical simulation, test benches, aerodrome for flight tests…
The company is ISO 9001 certified and complies with aeronautical and space standards (EASA CS-31TGB, ECSS).
Join CNIM Air Space
Join the CNIM Air Space team!
To know more about our job opportunities, and to send us your application, please visit CNIM Group career center (CNIM Air Space is a subsidiary of CNIM Group).