ABOUT CNIM AIR SPACE
CNIM Air Space, subsidiary of CNIM Group, benefits from a strong 50 years’ experience gained through projects designed for the benefit of major international and French actors.
Our offer is mainly dedicated to Defense, Security and Space markets:
- Design, manufacturing and operations of surveillance and communication systems based on tethered aerostats or drone airships,
- Design and manufacturing of stratospheric balloons, mainly dedicated to scientific missions, led by European and worldwide space agencies,
- Design and manufacturing of thermal protections for satellites, supplied to the main European satellite manufacturers.
CNIM Air Space employs 70 collaborators and is located near Toulouse at the heart of the French aerospace ecosystem.
A unique know-how
Expert in aerostat systems and thermal protections for satellites, CNIM Air Space has developed an unprecedented industrial tool in Europe associated with a unique know-how in the engineering of innovative flexible materials.
- Feasibility study
- Qualification, including test flights
- Integration, delivery and training
- Maintenance and repair
Stratospheric balloons launched for KLIMAT 2021 campaign led by the CNES
Deployment of a maritime surveillance system
An unprecedented industrial tool in Europe
CNIM Air Space deploys its know-how on an 6000 sqm industrial site specialized in « lighter-than-air » technologies: 5 production lines, a clean room, a laboratory, etc.
We have also created an operation and test flight center in the North East of France, with a 2800 sqm hangar and a dedicated flight zone for our aerostats.