Our tethered AEROSTATS, leaderS of your missions
Made for medium and long-term missions, CNIM Air Space’s tethered aerostats are used to take onboard payloads dedicated to surveillance and communication needs.
Qualified, reliable and autonomous, our platforms include:
- an aerostat equipped with telemetry sensors
- a tether (power supply and data transfer)
- a mooring station with a winch
- a telemetry station
- a flight manual.
Strengths of our solutions
- Persistence: ongoing operation from 1 day to several weeks.
- Low operational costs, compared to standard aircrafts:
– low cost per flight hour
– easy training of operators (no remote pilote)
– quick deployment time
– low logistical footprint.
- Payloads: embedding of surveillance and/or communication sensors, giving the ability to visualize the mission in 3 dimensions.
- Safety: fail-safe reliable solutions with very high safety coefficients.
A UNIQUE KNOW-HOW FOR YOUR PROJECTS
CNIM Air Space designs, manufactures and assembles:
- High performance, intelligent and communicating inflatable envelopes, through the combination of textiles and complex films materials and with the integration of embedded technologies (sensors, communications systems, etc.)
- Aerostats subsystems including avionics (balloon control system), gas management, integration of payload…
CNIM AIR SPACE’S TETHERED AEROSTATS ARE READY TO LEAD YOUR MISSIONS
Find a complete range of tethered aerostats, adapted and adaptable, to all your missions.
Thanks to our mastery of aerostat technologies (textile, mechanical, aerodynamic, thermal, etc.), CNIM Air Space offers you the most reliable aerostats on the market, equipped with the best safety coefficients and in compliance with the aeronautical and spatial regulations.
Tethered AEROSTATs and standard aircrafts, an efficient complementarity
Another way to achieve your missions, by choosing the persistence of tethered aerostats.
- Because of their duration or of their need of stationary position, some missions cannot be achieved by standard drones or aircrafts, especially when it comes to surveillance or telecommunication.
- The tethered aerostat offers the necessary persistence to achieve missions over several months with a payload capability up to 250 kg.
- The tethered aerostat is a competitive solution in terms of costs and logistics.
|Tethered aerostat||Fixed-wing drone Mini-UAV (MUAV) type||Helicopter Airbus EC145 type|
|Life cycle costs (purchase, operation, maintenance, service)||Compared to one hour flight||●●●●●||●●●○○||●○○○○|
|Operations||Persistence and autonomy||●●●●●
24h per day for several weeks
Up to 3 h
Up to 4 h 30
Up to 250 kg
Up to 30 kg
Up to 1500 kg
●●●●○ Up to 130 km/h of wind
|●●○○○ Up to 50 km/h of wind||●●●○○ Up to 100 km/h of wind|
|Logistics and support||Infrastructures of deployment||●●●●●||●●●●○||●○○○○|
|Number of operators||●●●○○
From 2 to 8 operators
From 1 to 4 operators
From 3 to 10 pilots, operators and mechanics