Stratobus™, the sentinel of the stratosphere
CNIM Air Space is a partner of the Stratobus™ program, led by Thales Alenia Space.
Stratobus™ is an airship half-way between a drone and a satellite. It can be considered as a HAPS : High Altitude Pseudo Satellite.
Powered with solar energy and having clean energies on board, Stratobus™ will have a low carbon footprint.
As a multidisciplinary platform, Stratobus™ will complete complementary missions to those accomplished by a telecommunication or an Earth observation satellite. It will offer a localized coverage area:
- Surveillance of borders or high-value sites
- Environmental monitoring
- 4G and 5G telecommunication
Higly competitive product including a large number of innovations Stratobus™ stands out thanks to its continuous observation and its large payload capability.
CNIM AIR SPACE unique know-how for Stratobus™
CNIM Air Space is in charge of designing and manufacturing the fully equipped envelope of Stratobus™.
For Stratobus™ we will use one the most powerful, lightweight and resistant fabric in the world.
CNIM AIR SPACE : main strengths
- 40 years experience in aerostats, and especially in stratospheric balloons
- Expert in the assembly of films and hermetic fabrics
- Extensive experience in large tailor-made projects
- Millions of m² of balloons which were used with success by the CNES